Who is the Ezzy Wave for?
Everyone: from hardcore Maui wave riders, to Atlantic jumpers, to lake sailors. It’s a one-size-fits-all, no-compromise sail and is the only wave sail we use, no matter the conditions. We believe a great wave sail must be versatile in use.
What's new for 2023?
1) Refined luff curve to make the draft/power/pull the same across every size.
2) The battens are slightly pulled back from the luff. This is very subtle, so you probably will not notice it when you first look at the sail. The effect is that the sail depowers and flips more easily—a subtle difference
but with a big upside that you can really feel.
3) The biggest visual change is in the outline on the smaller sails. The 4.0 and down have an extended clew. This gives the smaller sails more of a longer boom feel. The biggest advantages are: a) better stability, which is really noticeable for jumping and b) you don’t need super short booms for the smaller sizes.
4) All sizes have a bigger window for more visibility. You'll be surprised how much this matters!
5) The bigger sizes have a more direct power delivery and get going faster when the wind is light.
Is the Ezzy Wave the right sail for you?
It’s the sail we use. If you want a high performance, light weight, durable wave sail with balanced power and a wide wind range, the Ezzy Wave is the sail for you too.
|Size (m2)||Luff (cm)||Boom (cm)||Mast (cm)||Battens||Cams||Weight (kg)||Top|
|2.8||325 - 329||127 - 137||315/340||4||-||2.22||vario|
|3.0||338 - 342||133 - 143||314/340||4||-||2.30||vario|
|3.4||351 - 355||139 - 149||340/340||4||-||2.40||vario|
|3.7||364 - 368||145 - 155||340/340||4||-||2.51||vario|
|4.0||372 - 376||145 - 155||340/370||4||-||2.63||vario|
|4.2||380 - 384||145 - 155||370/370||4||-||2.75||vario|
|4.5||389 - 393||150 - 160||370/370||4||-||2.85||vario|
|4.7||397 - 401||154 - 164||370/400||4||-||2.93||vario|
|5.0||407 - 411||159 - 169||370/400||4||-||3.01||vario|
|5.2||415 - 419||163 - 173||400/400||4||-||3.11||vario|
|5.5||423 - 427||168 - 178||400/430||4||-||3.18||vario|
|5.8||438 - 442||171 - 181||430/430||5||-||3.48||vario|
|6.3||454 - 458||178 - 188||430/430||5||-||3.65||vario|
Quality is our strenght
In 1983 David Ezzy made his first windsurfing sail under the Ezzy Sail black and white eagle logo. He started his custom sail business on Maui in an old shed that has since become a sleek design loft. Back then, custom sails were the means to success for every serious sailor and Ezzy Sails led the sailing revolution. Ezzy made sails that were renowned for their “Hookipa” traits: strength and power.
Now the Ezzy factory is housed in a 20,000 square foot, brand-new building in Srilanka owned by David Ezzy and the factory staff. It is a safe, non-toxic work environment with state-of-the-art computer cutting machines, employee amenities such as a staffed kitchen, transportation, uniforms and a music sound system. The distribution reach of Ezzy Sails has expanded to cover most countries worldwide. Word of mouth spreads the knowledge of the high quality standards behind the name Ezzy and the company continues to grow.Visit the Ezzy Sails website